Recommended Posts (August 3 - August 9, 2008)

edited August 2008 in Forum News and Issues
This thread lists some particularly good posts in the forums from the week of Sunday, August 03, 2008, to Saturday, August 09, 2008. We hope you'll read the others, too, but if you're in a rush, here's how to catch up!

Start Here
If you're new to the forums, welcome! We'd love for you to participate in any discussion you like. Here are some good places for you to dive right in:

Introduce Yourself
It's always fun to hear from new JoCo fans (or old ones who've just gotten around to joining the forums). If you're curious, feel free to read through the old posts in the thread and see what other people have said about themselves, but we're happy for you just to, well, introduce yourself!

Favorite Songs List
- Tell us your five favorite JoCo songs and why you like them!

How did you discover JoCo?
- The thread title says it all, doesn't it?

The Forum Code of Conduct / FAQ
You'll probably want to read our policy, written by, of, and for the members of the JoCo forums. We're really loose around here, but it'll give you a good idea of how people behave in these parts. (You don't have to read the whole FAQ, but if you have questions, look there first.)

New this week
New Threads:

Failed your will save against JoCo?Very good thread with some fun to read stories in.

Lesson a Week updateA sad story but must know news for anyone who follows the forums.

To nominate threads to appear in next week's edition, go here

NB: Can I apologise on behalf of all those who work on the project for it being late to appear this week, we will try to do better in future.

Comments

• Are we not doing this anymore?
  • I think not. I haven't the time nor the energy to keep it afloat, I'm ashamed to say. Perhaps once there's a less contrived way of getting it to work, such as a way to mark comments as you read them (like a little thumbs-up or +1 button). Oh, well, back to the drawing board...
  • Hmm yeah a post rating system would work really well if it plugged into a wee Top Rated Posts box somewhere obvious!

Sorry the idea didn't float Bry, I know you worked hard on it! I was about to nominate a post when I noticed we hadn't had a new wiki page in a few weeks. :(