The Beers of JCCC5

edited January 2015 in JoCo Cruise
(crossposted to the Facebook group)

Here ye be, Seamonkies.  Forgive the awful camera work, it's been a long day.  The Beers of JCCC5 have been officially packaged. Tomorrow they will be whisking their way to a cruise ship port and on their way to you, and they are:

Large House Blend, Chocolate Breakfast Stout - It's back from last year and even better (reprising the art from Greater Than Games artist Adam Rebottaro).  A creamy oatmeal stout made with cocoa husks and cocoa nibs from national award-winning Videri Chocolate Factory and a blend of coffee from Joe van Gogh Coffee Roasters (Ethiopian Sidamo for frutiness, Mexican Feminino for classic coffee/chocolate flavors).

Je Suis Saison, a belgian/french style saison - Bright and fruity with notes of apple, pear, pineapple, and bitter orange peel (but not actually containing any of those things).  It's refreshing and delicious.  And, to let you know, these guys were printed before the attacks in France this week. We decided to stick with it partially because the real reference is Je Suis Rick Springfield (see the awesome art by Brian F'n Patterson), and partially because free speech really is really important.

TCP over IPA, is a Belgian IPA - but don't let either of those words fool you.  We use a clean Abbey Ale yeast for a crisp, dry fruitiness and a new hop called Azacca for a low bitterness but high hop flavor.  It's got a lot of notes of mango and grapefruit and is crazy drinkable.  The art (by the awesome Natalie Metzger) is perhaps the most awesomely nerdy can you will ever, ever see.  

We've got a bunch extra, too.  So if you like them and would like to get some after the cruise, we'll make them available to you (there will be details on board!).  We'll also make sure that Seamonkies from previous years who had to miss out on this year will get a shot at leftovers, too.

Because we love and miss you all.  See you on the high seas!

Comments

• I, personally, was hoping for more Millionaire Girlfriend/Daisy Fay. :-) 
  • MMmmmmm... Beee-eeer.
  • The House Blend is to die for. If I could buy that regularly here in Indyianapolis, I would.
  • Also, yay to availability for previous monkies stranded on land this year! Like @arenson9 I really enjoyed the house blend and would love to get some IRL.
  • can't wait for the house blend.  I need to get some sent to seattle for after the cruise.

• Yeah, I loved the Millionaire Girlfriend because I like beer to not be bitter at all. Is the saison similar?
  • edited January 2015
    Thank you sir for saving us from the 8 day long Beer desert we about to enter.

/salute
  • I missed beer?!.  :-(  Sad monkey.   I'd love to hear more about acquiring said beer.
  • At the end of the final cocktail party, I somehow had 3 House Blends in my bag. They're in my fridge now. ;)

I forget the name, but the Mystery guy told me House Blend is actually a rebadged beer they make all the time. They ship to many states, too, so you may be in luck, Elliomeg.
  • Large House Blend is their Six Impossible Things chocolate breakfast stout, which is a winter offering.

There's a link for Sea Monkeys in most states to be able to buy some, but I am not finding it in the sea of the Facebook group right now.
  • Large House Blend was fantastic! I've ordered 24 cans.
  • Two of the beers that we had on the cruise are our regular beers, yep.

Large House Blend is Six Impossible Things (available Dec - Mar)
    Je Suis Saison is Rosalind (available Sept - Dec)

The TCP Over IPA is something that we made just for the cruise.  The only other place you can find it is in our pub.

We've got a little bit of Large House Blend left, a fair amount of TCP Over IPA, and a *ton* of Je Suis Saison.

And, yep, find it here:  https://squareup.com/market/jocomystery
  • Oh, and hey, if'n you want to be social media friends, because why not?

Me on Twitter and Instagram: @topfermented ; Facebook: /eriklarsmyers

Mystery on Twitter and Instagram: @mysterybrewing ; Facebook: /MysteryBrewing
  • As someone who couldn't attend this year, this is officially my favorite thread. Done and ordered.