Fez Fascinator (place to get an awesome one)

edited January 2015 in JoCo Cruise
Cross posting from the FB group for JCCC5: As I understand it is too late to get a custom fez from Sara. So I'm hoping to not steal any business away from her with an option I found, and that she will still like me.  :) 
Some comment somewhere got me thinking maybe I'd like a fez fascinator instead of a full head fez this year, and looking around online I found a couple of really nice ones on Etsy. I wanted one to match my outfits, and the seller was happy to oblige. She made me an awesome one in two days, for $20, shipping included! (Dark purple velvet, black trim and tassel, with onyx glitter all over it.) So, if you are still looking for a fez, I recommend checking out https://www.etsy.com/shop/bluemickey, and tell her you are getting it for JoCo Cruise crazy, or heard about it here or from me; she was pretty happy to hear about the cruise!

Comments

• edited January 2015
    I went on two of the JoCo cruises and brought fezzes both times. In keeping with JoCo's recurring themes of robots and cyborgs, one of them was a Dalek (made by Sara, with dollhouse parts for the plunger and whisk and bronze satin). The other was R2D2 (made by my wife and me, with molded and painted plastic parts over white satin). It had electronics that played actual R2D2 sounds from the movies.

You don't need to get that fancy, though. Most dollar stores have miniature PVC trash cans or polyethylene pails that are fez-shaped and fit comfortably on a person's head. You can start with one of these, pick a theme, and go crazy with fabric, toys, paper, ribbons, glitter, and a glue gun (also available at the same dollar store) to make nearly anything! Just remember to add a tassel (a graduation tassel will do; that's what we used for R2). Several people did this for a recent fez party here in town. The prize for the best fez went to one that looked like a jackalope -- with antlers.