Boardgames for JCCCV!

edited January 2015 in JoCo Cruise
As we enter the home stretch (SQUEEEE!!!) I just wanted to remind everyone of the BoardGameGeek site/tool we have set up for our use.  As of now, it looks like only 13 of us have utilized this tool, so if you have the time/inclination, please add your games to the list!

This can be used to keep track of what games are being brought to the cruise, so we don't have too much overlap or assume somebody else will bring it.  T
he username and password are "jococruisecrazy"

Once logged in, click on "My Geek" and then "Collection".  If you'd like to add a game, select the "Add Game" button towards  the top left of the page. If you are bringing the game, leave the "Mark Owned" check box selected.   
We recommend you put your name/username in the comments so we know who is bringing it.  If you are staying at the Jocotel, please mark the game as "pre-ordered" as well. The games marked pre-ordered are ones that will be at the Jocotel. 

If you are hoping a certain game will be brought and it is not on the list, you can add the game in the same manner, uncheck "Mark Owned", and put WTP (Want to Play) in the comments field.

Feel free to contact me with any questions

Jeff

Comments

• Which Jocotel?  There are 2 right?

We're going to be staying at the Marina, because the Embassy Suites was full by the time we got around to making a reservation, but I get the impression that the ES has more of the activities.

-- Mitch
  • I suppose you can put pre-order and then put Marina in the Comments?
  • I've added the games that are a part of the "library" to the list. If someone can make a note to leave them in place the next time the list is cleared out, that would probably be useful. :) If we get anything new, I'll make sure to update.
  • edited January 2015
    We've gotten confirmation that our gracious sponsor Steve Jackson Games will be providing additional games to the permanent JoCo Cruise Game Library. I'll add them to the BGG list later, but for now the titles and counts are:

Munchkin Deluxe - 2
    Star Munchkin - 1
    Super Munchkin - 1
    Munchkin Legends Deluxe - 1
    Munchkin Zombies Deluxe - 1
    Munchkin Pathfinder Deluxe - 1
    Munchkin Apocalypse - 1
    Munchkin Booty - 1
    Munchkin Treasure Hunt - 1
    Chez Geek - 1
    Illuminati - 1
    Zombie Dice - 3
    Hipster Dice - 2
    Nanuk - 1
    Revolution (incl. Palace, Anarchy) - 1
    Pocket Ogre - 3
    Car Wars Classic - 1
    Knightmare Chess - 1
    Mars Attacks Dice Game - 1
  • Yay!    Love to play some Illuminati

• Hmmm... Car Wars Classic doesn't appear to have a valid listing, yet. There is a page at https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/243121/english-sixth-edition
    but it doesn't offer any way to add it to the collection. The product page at SJG is http://www.sjgames.com/car-wars/games/classic/

Not sure how to resolve that. It's the only Library game not in the list as of now.
  • People who have left their games in the past... how do they tend to get treated?

I've got a fair number of games I love, but I would be sad if something serious happened to the components.
  • We've had no problems with the games we've left.
  • If you're going to leave your game(s) out, you can help yourself quite a bit by including zip lock baggies for the components, intelligently arranged - it's much easier on everyone.

People have always seemed very considerate of the game library.
  • I haven't ever had a game lost or damaged. There's always the chance of some mishap, but Sea Monkeys tend to be a responsible crowd.
  • edited January 2015
    @rhaje- you can just add the original and then put "Classic" in the comments

• Oh spacerats, Hacker and Nuclear War/Nuclear Escalation aren't on the list, and I have no room left in my bag. I'll have to either do without, replace other games, or switch to the ginormous rolling duffel bag. Thoughts?
  • The past three years I've had no issues with leaving a number of games in the game room. Only suggestion would be to label your copy just in case somebody else brings the same game, so things don't get mixed up.

We'll once again be bringing Eclipse and BSG. We're tempted to bring Legendary: Encounters (the Aliens game) as well if we can fit it. I was hopeful that the new XCOM game would be out in time, but I think it's shipping too late to get it before we fly out.
  • We are still trying to decide what games to bring. If anyone has any requests, here are all the games we own: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/rayandtina
  • Alright, I heard we're having trouble getting ONUW: Daybreak, but I've got a copy and I'll bring it. :)
  • My copy of Ticket to Ride had minor box damage last year.  Nothing that affects structural integrity, but certainly noticeable if one were inclined to notice.
  • @rkcr You're my hero!
  • edited January 2015
    @stitchinthyme ;I'm hoping someone brings Lords of Waterdeep. :)
  • I have Lords of Waterdeep but I don't know if it'll fit in my luggage. I'll put it on the list but no guarantees.
  • I have Lords of Waterdeep too, and it will fit in my luggage. But, I don't have the expansion. Are they easy enough to keep separate, so that if I bring the game and you bring the expansion we'll both go home with all the right parts?
  • It's easy to separate them by design - you don't always want to play with all the expansions. I could bring the expansion in some zip-lock bags that we could stick in the main box, if you bring the main game + box. (We'd have to get rid of the inset but that's not a big deal.)
  • edited January 2015
    Yeah, I was planning on leaving the inset at home. Let's do it! I'll switch the main game to my name. Don't forget to also pack the expansion's rules... I made that mistake once with another game, it wasn't good.
  • Awesome! I know it's unwieldy, so thanks to both of you.
  • Yay Waterdeep!

• edited January 2015
    Oboy! Waterdeep!
  • Okay, have switched to ginormous rolling bag. Can now bring pretty much everything. Have added to prior list:

Nuclear War/Nuclear Escalation
    Hacker
    Fossil
    Pairs
  • I threw on the Resistance expansion + Avalon, though I wonder if Avalon is necessary given what comes in the expansion.
  • I'm bringing a bunch of apparently obscure games, I've added them to the list on BGG. I'd really like to try The Last Banquet, which takes at least 11. Also considering PnPing a Two Rooms and a Boom set (as the retail copy was delayed six months), checking if there's any interest.
  • I'm planning to bring the games I've designed / published (Chaos & Alchemy and Otters are out, plus Alchemy Bazaar and Everest that will be coming in the future).

As for non-Michael games I plan to bring Keyflower and Space Cadets: Dice Duels.
  • Sadly, I'm not going to be able to get any sort of fancy containers in time for repackaging Waterdeep. Zip-lock snack bags to the rescue!
  • Don't knock 'em... they work!!!
  • Taquelli, checking for Two Rooms and a Boom is the main reason I came to read this thread! I'm still waiting on the kickstarter too and would be ever so psyched if you made a PnP version.

I will definitely bring at least the following: 
    Mascarade + its expansion
    Walk The Plank
    Modern Art
  • I just played mascarade with 12 people the other night and it was so fun. much more fun and much less stressful than with 6ish, which is how i'd played before. yay mascarade!

• Yay!  It looks like I have room for Constantinopolis...... errr... Istanbul in my suitcase so.......
  • Hi! Are there any really old people who played board games that made you want to kill people and you swore you would never play again, like Risk or Diplomacy? The back stabbing! The double dealing! The deal making! I would love to revisit one of these but have no sense of the potential interest level among you young folks and your new-fangled games (some of which I really like).
  • I just put comment cards in all my game boxes. I'm encouraging everyone to leave a note when they play, so I get an idea of how much each of the games I bring is played, and which ones are worth bringing back next year.
  • You might, _MIGHT_, talk me into joining a game of Diplomacy, if it were time-limited to no more than a couple of hours, but even then I find it hard to believe I'd choose that over other options likely to be available.