A Basseterre and Clay Villa Tour?

edited December 2014 in Everything Else
Hi all. While temped by the food experience Kindly provided by Arenson9 I want to gauge interest in another option. This one includes a part including historical sights of Basseterre, a tour of Clay Villa (and old plantation that apparently did not profit from slavery) with the gardens, Rommney Manor and batik studio with demo and the Brimstone Fortress. It takes almost 4 hours. I do not have details yet but wanted to gauge interest first. The tours and locations get uniformly excellent reviews on TripAdvisor. I have link to tour that seemed really good one and TripAdvisor page. My email is christinadsparks at gmail.com to let me know of interest and how many. Thanks!

Here is a link to the tour

http://www.clayvilla.com/tours_main_24.asp

Here is TripAdvisor about Clay Villa and their tours

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147375-d1553372-Reviews-Clay_Villa_Plantation_House_Gardens-Basseterre_St_Kitts_St_Kitts_and_Nevis.html

My guess is cost will be around $60-80 but not sure but since it includes entry fees etc that seems a reasonable guess.

Christinadsparks at gmail.com if you have interest!

Comments

• edited December 2014
    Hi all! I just saw JOCO excursions via RC includes Clay Villa but NOT the othe places the tour I have linked above. I'm still interested in the Best of St Kitt's Tour above that Includes BasseTerre and Etc. I have emailed for info on cost but holidays appears to have slowed response.

Some who have contacted me may prefer the RC run Clay Villa and Beach tour. Please if you would be so kind confirm if you contacted me before or email me for the first time if you have interest in now in this shadow excursion. Thanks!!

Christinadsparks at Gmail.com
  • edited December 2014
    Hi all I have an update. Cost is $67 per person which includes all entry fees and taxi to and from port. Seems a good deal to me! It starts 9:30 am and is about 4 to 4.5 hours. We have 4 so far but more are welcome. See below for the operator info including the physical demands which seem not too bad but might be a challenge for those with a difficulty getting around especially on stairs. He says others will be on the tour but I would bet if we got a little bigger we would be JOCO only. PS the BasseTerre part is drive through with info as we go. The rest is Brimstone Fortress with a few other sights and Batik workshop. See above link.

Hope you'll come. Christinadsparks @ gmail.com

See below.

Hello Christina
    Thank you for your enquiry.
    The Best of St. Kitts tour will be available on the 4th of February and is priced at US 67 per person - price is inclusive of taxi fare from and back to the port, entrance fees for Brimstone Fortress and Clay Villa and a complimentary drink at Clay Villa. No deposit required. Tour fees are paid at Clay Villa and we only accept cash US and EC ( eastern Caribbean currency).
    The above tour is moderate active - walking and steps - not recommended for guests with limited mobility). To get to the top of the Fortress there are 26 long steps - uphill - each approx. 4 strides. We advise caution going up and down, cool clothing, comfortable walking shoes and sun protection.
    Please note there will be other guests on tour. All tours join at Clay Villa for the guided tour and after go their separate ways.
    Departure time to leave the port to go on tour is scheduled for 9.30 am St. Kitts time.
    A min. no. of 2 is required for the tour to run.
    Meeting instructions are forwarded when/if a booking is made.

I hope the above is of help.
    Wishing you a Happy New Year.

Kind Regards
    Philip

• Christina,
    Molly and I might be interested but she needs find out some more info from them.   Call us tentative?

• edited December 2014
    Surely. I reserved 4 and told him there may be a few more. I wouldn't wait too long in case snorks have the same idea and space is limited. Or I get definates up to the limit (I have asked what that is). Perhaps I can help with the info. Anything I can help with?
  • We are a definite go at this point.  Is there anything else I need to do other than confirming for "Final Answer"?

• Can someone kindly post this with my email to Facebook group--I don't have an account for a variety of reasons. I'd be grateful! I want to see if there are more takers. Thanks in advance! :-)
  • Done and done

• 9:30 am St Kitts time... would that be 8:30 am ship time? I'm considering coming along! What's the deadline for letting you know for sure?
  • edited January 2015
    Hmm. I will check. Good point. All I need is a full name. No hard deadline but I think at least one week prior confirm would be most helpful as vehicle size and or number is one issue for them to consider. With you and one other who contacted me today if you both confirm we would have 6. I have one couple who emailed last week as a maybe for possibly 8. So far. Glad for the interest!!
  • Interesting question. I just called RCI and they said that the itinerary (when coming in to a port, when leaving) are always listed in the local port's times, in case that's helpful.

I think what that means is that if the ship crosses a timezone, then we might get an extra hour (or lose an hour) in the middle of the night, but the ship's time and the port's time will always be the same.
  • Thank you!!
  • Either way, it leaves enough time for sleep and a snack before, and lunch on the island after. I'm in! I'll send you an e-mail.
  • We seem up to 9! If I get more demand I'm willing to see if two groups are possible!
  • Ok just sent details on the st kitts shadow tour I organized via emaill to all who committed. If you didn't get an email (unles you were signed up by someone else in which case I assume they will tell you --or email me direct with your name) then email me with your name and you'll get details and apologies as long as you don't ask me about a gmail sub folder scramble up. I may have miscounted---only 10 coming not 11. My fear is gmail crap made me lose an email so make sure you contact me if you have not gotten the details with names of others on the tour.

Also I am told there is more capacity than previously thought. Tell me now so I can tell the tour operater/clay villa co owner if you want to tag along so they can have a spot ready! Also as long as I can get to my gmail onboard and it's not the night before it probably is not too late to join the tour. There is also the I'll take a chance come along and see if there is room on the van plan--find me on the boat (Christie Sparks). We will meet at the appointed place at 9:30 and head out for about 4 hours. Christinadsparks at gmail.com
  • woohooo!!!!!!