Today's Message from JoCo

edited September 2014 in Everything Else
Well, well, well...what shows up at the top of our inbox today but a sweet, little message from JoCo.
What has it been....six, seven months since last we heard from him? That is about how often I hear
from my little brother and usually when I hear from him it's just because he's looking for a handout, too.
I'm sure it could get more pathetic than that but it's hard to imagine how. Grow up, JoCo!

Comments

• Does your brother ask for a handout in exchange for a great sounding album of live music? Cause that's what Coulton did here. 

Sure I'd like a new album of new music, but this will hold me over for a little while. It really is a pretty dang good live album; better than any of the bootlegs listed in that one forum thread. And he does hint that there will be another tour . . . (as) SOON (as he can). There have also been hints on twitter that he is working on new music. Well, besides that Going Deep theme.
  • edited September 2014
    I don't understand what AmandaDandy's message is getting at at all, but I'm sure they're (sorry for the gender-neutral pronoun; I don't want to assume their name is really Amanda) glad JoCo is still making music instead of just... um... making music that goes with a comic book or a TV show. :) I just skimmed the message before leaving for work and I can hardly wait to get home and download the new album. It'll be the Best. Concert. Compilation. Album. Ever.

I hope your brother grows up soon! :)

[Edit: Can a mod change the subject of this thread to 'JoCo Live album announcement' or something? It's kind of vague as it is.]
  • Did anyone else get the same email that AmandaDandy got?  I got one the same day, but it was alerting me to a new album for sale.  I didn't get the handout one.

• I "think" what AmandaDandy is getting at is that we haven't heard anything for so long and all of sudden there's a "new" album out for sale that seemingly doesn't contain any "new" material.   Along the lines of "Well, I've already paid to download/get CD of all those songs and now the artist wants me to pay for them again?"   I'm not saying I necessarily agree or disagree, just trying to clarify before things get out of hand.... ;-)   Also... my interpretation may be way off here too.    Grains of salt.....
  • Oh I'm sure you're right.  I was just amused that anyone would think he owes us anything, like new music, or frequent emails.  Seems like a strange thing to get upset about. 
  • Dear Amanda,

To paraphrase Neil Gaiman, Jonathan Coulton is not your bitch. As an artist, he's free to sell whatever he wants. As a consumer, you are free to buy it or not. That's the arrangement. Neither of you have any further obligations to each other. I suggest you consider this further, and maybe you can do some "growing up" of your own.

Regards,
    SemiEvolved