JCCC4 - Sara & Sean Watkins Audio

edited March 2014 in JoCo Cruise
Hi, Sea Monkeys...

We know a number of folks were disappointed in the fact that no taping was allowed at several of the JCCC4 main shows, including Sara & Sean Watkins' performance.

As it happens, there was an archival audio recording made of that show. Having reviewed it, Sara and Sean have granted permission for the recording to be shared with the Sea Monkeys, with the provision that it be for personal use only—you may download it and share it with other Sea Monkeys; but please don't repost it publicly or share it with the "outside world." As Sara herself put it:

"There are some embarrassing fiddle moments that I don't really want out there if I can avoid it, but i trust the sea monkeys."

So with that provision in mind, here are links to three different versions of the recording: (NOTE: the first few seconds of the first song were missed, that's not a problem with the file)

We'll be posting these links in the JCCC4 Facebook group as well; but please feel free to share this info with any other Sea Monkeys you think may not frequent either of these places.

Thanks,

The Management

Comments

• Thank you SO much!
  • This was one of my favorite shows of the cruise and I'm so happy to be able to relive the memories of it!    Thank you Sara & Sean, The Management, and everyone else who just made my Thursday!
  • Yay, and thanks! I will download them when I get home. Though depending on how strict they are about only sea monkeys seeing it, this might not be a good place to put the links, since it is a public forum frequented by non-sea-monkeys and viewable even to people who don't know a JoCo lick from a pogo stick. To avoid random web surfers finding them but still allow landlocked forum members to see them, the Members only category might be a good idea. It's only visible to people who are logged into the forum.

Also, one way the Home Office could make sure all sea monkeys, and only sea monkeys, see them would be to send out an email to everyone that was on JCCC4.

Not that I particularly want to restrict access, but if Sara & Sean want to, these are things they/you might want to think about.
  • Also chiming in to say this is awesome and thanks to Home Office and Sara and the performers for letting us have this. It means a lot to be able to relive that performance, even if there are some "fiddle moments" that I wouldn't remotely have the capacity to even notice.
  • Yes! Thank you! I've been a fan of theirs for such a long time.
  • Thank you for this. This is the only concert I had to miss (stupid food allergies), and I heard such wonderful things about it. It will be nice to listen to it.
  • Thanks, @paulandstorm!  Just listened to the whole thing, and it's fantastic.  Any chance you have similar archival recordings of other performances you could share?   I know there is YouTube video of you, JoCo, the Doubleclicks, etc., but it would be great to have this sort of audio quality.

Either way, thanks again for posting this.

• Oh, thank you, THANK YOU, @paulandstorm & the Watkinses!
  • Thank you so much!!
  • Yeah totally.  Every performance would be easy to capture at the soundboard. 

- good quality (vs the usual crap cell phone stuff)
    - archive copies for people who missed the show (or the boat)
    - could be sold by JoCo and the artists to make additional revenue
    - releases could be held for some time if they thought recordings might cannibalize cruise ticket sales

I'd love to have access to high quality recordings and would gladly pay for them as well.
  • Yay! One of my favs.thanks much to eveeyone who made it possible
  • > I'd love to have access to high quality recordings and would gladly pay for them as well.

I +1 this.